“But someone will say, ‘you have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” (James 2:18) and, “For as the body apart from the spiritis dead, so also faith apart from works is dead” (James 2:26).

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Discouragement: What to do?

Maybe you have lost your job. Maybe you can't find job. Or perhaps your discouragement has nothing to do with employment. It could be a relationship, health, money problems? Oh, the list can go on and the sad truth is that everyone has wrestled with discouragement. Someone can help. It is the Lord. You might pray to our Father in Jesus' name with the help of the Holy Spirit. It's easy. Get your Bible out, or go on line and spend some time in His Word. Open your heart and let these words seep into your being... Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Phillipians 4:6-8). Now go to Psalm 31:24, Psalm 138:7, Psalm 27:1-14 (a favorite), John 14:1-3 and 27, and Hebrews 13:6. Truly, if God is my helper and my salvation, who or what can I fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment