“But someone will say, ‘you have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” (James 2:18) and, “For as the body apart from the spiritis dead, so also faith apart from works is dead” (James 2:26).

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Why Did God Let That Happen?

We hear this so frequently. We read the horror stories online, in the newspaper or hear them on TV. We see our loved ones in terrible grief, pain, and distress. Even our pets suffer. Why? So much of what God allows to happen we simply don't understand.

Be comforted.  In Isaiah 55:8, 9 it is written: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways, my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Seek the Lord. You have said, "Seek my face." My heart says to you, "Your face, Lord, I do seek." (Psalm 28:8)

Be patient.  "Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord." (Psalm 31:24)

God loves us.  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16.

Trust the Lord. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment