“But someone will say, ‘you have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” (James 2:18) and, “For as the body apart from the spiritis dead, so also faith apart from works is dead” (James 2:26).

Thursday, November 20, 2014

I lost track of time...

I did. I try to post once a month, but in all the business of business, I overlooked our lesson or thoughts in the Lord for the month of October. First I want to confess to the Lord my thoughtlessness and neglect to Him for not keeping up this blog.. There are so many things I do on a daily basis that excludes God from my mind. While I set aside time to pray, talk, and share with the Lord on a daily basis, sometimes the jobs I should be doing for the Lord get overlooked. Anne Graham Lotz puts it clearly of how we should repent to our Father, Creator, and Messiah: (I repent of) "Robbing God: Exercising my gifts or spending time, money or energy on things that have a selfish goal, without asking God first." And, I would like to add, without thinking of God first. Too often I get caught up in what I want to do rather than looking to God first and at least inquiring if it is in his will. Sometimes that is a difficult task. After all, it seems like a good idea at the time and so I go blithely ahead with my plans...neglecting my God. And that is what I did in the month of September. I got caught up in my own world of work. I am sorry. I am sorry to neglect you Father. You, who have taken such great care of me, my family, my animals, my interests. You, who are always with me...I am so sorry I have not always been with you. I know that you will never let go of my hand even though I let go of yours. I am grateful you love me and forgive me. I humbly thank you in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment