“But someone will say, ‘you have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” (James 2:18) and, “For as the body apart from the spiritis dead, so also faith apart from works is dead” (James 2:26).

Thursday, February 5, 2015

We Believe

Christians believe in God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit in One God:

  •  Psalm 19:1-- The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands
  • 1 Timothy 2:5 5-- For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 
  •  Acts 2:38 38-- Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."  

Christians believe the Bible is the true word of God:
  • 2 Timothy 3:16 16-- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
  • 2 Peter 1:19-21--19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
We believe that God sent his Son, Jesus to pay our sin debt:

  • Galatians 2:20--20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
  • Colossians 2: 13--13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[a] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.


No comments:

Post a Comment