“But someone will say, ‘you have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” (James 2:18) and, “For as the body apart from the spiritis dead, so also faith apart from works is dead” (James 2:26).

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tragedy in the World and at Home

We read in the periodicals and see on TV the absolute desperation the refugees are facing fleeing their war-torn countries in the Middle East. We also see horror and loss in the wildfires in California. We see our country being torn apart with a number of police related events that seem beyond our control. How can we help when most of us are so far away from the people that have such great needs? First and foremost we can pray.

God hears our prayers. He has a plan; this turmoil and chaos are all in his will because always remember--He is in control. While we feel hopeless, he gives us hope. I encourage you to pray constantly. Keep close the Lord and he will come close to you and give you hope.

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. (Psalm 57:1)

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him (Psalm 34:8).

 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me (Micah 7:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment