“But someone will say, ‘you have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” (James 2:18) and, “For as the body apart from the spiritis dead, so also faith apart from works is dead” (James 2:26).

Friday, April 1, 2016

The State of the Presidential Contest

It is disturbing to watch the presidential candidates' behavior as they present themselves and their ideologies for the country's highest office. What is the need for verbal abuse lodged at competitors and certain ethnic groups? Political strategists certainly have opinions and answers for this behavior, but the heart of the matter isn't a pundit's analysis; it is a reflection of how far American society has fallen in morals, respect, and ethics. Thankfully, God has this all under control and he will ultimately raise up who he wants to raise up and use that person according to his will. As the prophet Isaiah writes in 55:8,9, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts your thoughts." This is indeed comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment