“But someone will say, ‘you have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works” (James 2:18) and, “For as the body apart from the spiritis dead, so also faith apart from works is dead” (James 2:26).

Monday, June 5, 2017

Troubled Truth

Throughout the ages, humankind has dealt with detractors and  supporters of their governments. We are not in a unique situation in the United States at this time. But what is interesting, is that while we think we are educated and enlightened, we still cannot argue, discuss, or disagree with grace and respect. We feel the need to belittle, scorn, and ridicule. Case in point: the recent debacle of commedian Kathy Griffin holding up in parody the severed head of President Trump. How can we as a people think any severed head is entertaining or humorous? Equally disturbing was commedian Jim Carrey defending Ms. Griffin stating that "Comedians are last voice of truth."

No, Mr. Carrey they are not. Jesus Christ is.

Jesus said to him, ' I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, You would have known my Father also. From now on you know him and have seen him” (John 14:6–7).

Truth is not defined by human beings. Truth is defined by God through his Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment